Search This Blog

Friday, February 19, 2016

Chapter Three, Part Two

Part Two
Folding her arms over her chest, Wumi went back to sink into the chair.
With one eye on his fiancĂ©e, Dare asked, “These terrorists… are they Boko Haram?”
Kema shrugged. “We’re not sure.”
“Do they actually plan to bomb this building?” Wumi asked, eyes bright.
Shaking her head, Kema lied, “I doubt it. It might just be rumors but we have to check it out.” She smiled, allowing the smile to reach her eyes and drive out the tension and stress, “You shouldn’t worry. Nothing will happen.”
Throwing her head back and glowering at the ceiling, Wumi murmured, “Why did they choose this show…my first show in years… Oh God…”
“Well… a lot of influential and prominent people are attending…” Dare said, “The Vice President, the Minster for Tourism, dignitaries from UNESCO, officials from the embassies…”
Wumi lowered her head to glare at him. “I know that. What I mean is… why must it be the one last fashion show where I get to walk again as a model after my retirement years ago?”
Dare stuck both his hands into his trouser pockets and said, “No-one knows, baby. But like Kema said, everything will be alright, right?” He glanced at Kema.
She nodded. “Yes, it will.”
Wumi directed her gaze at Kema. She said, “I hope there are no surprises for the 12th and 13th of February, my maid of honor?”
Kema laughed. “None. It’ll be a perfect day. Don’t worry.”
Dare placed a hand on Wumi’s shoulder. “Everything will go as planned on our traditional engagement ceremony and church wedding, baby. Your brother, my best man, Jasper, calls me every day to discuss wedding plans. He’s excited, to say the least. And our friends are prepared.”
Sable Rose Writer_Unhinged by his Him

Wumi pursed her lips. “Our wedding has been a long time coming and I won’t let anything ruin it.”
“Nothing will ruin it, Wumi.” Kema said, beaming. Her wide, joyful eyes met her friend’s and Wumi’s eyes contracted.
Hmm, there’s something about you… You’re glowing…” Wumi murmured, tipping forward to stare in Kema’s face.
“I am?” Kema muttered. Yikes. Wumi had eyes like an eagle.
“What’s making you glow? Tell me now.”
“Wumi, I’ve got to go. I promise, we’ll gossip after the show.”
Waving at them, Kema added, “Bye, my friends. Wumi, we’ll all be there to watch you when you come on the runway, I promise. ” and she escaped.

Share this post on social media if you enjoyed it.
Learn about the heroes and heroines in the Character Profile page
The Unhinged Book Series; Book 1, 2, and 3 will be out this 2016. Find out more at the Unhinged Books page