Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2016

Chapter Eight, Part One

Part One
Minutes later, leaving Tari and Wumi together, discussing wedding and bridal train dresses, Dare strolled over to join Steven and Oliver at the buffet table. He glanced down at the lavish spread. His stomach growled at the sight of the food. It was almost two P.M., past his lunchtime.
Oliver grinned at him. “I heard that.”
“I didn’t realize how hungry I was until now.” Dare said, picking a saucer and some napkins.
On his left, Steven gnawed on a smoked chicken drumstick.
Sable Rose Writer_Unhinged by his Him

“Yeah, it happens.” Oliver said, cleaning oily hands on a napkin. He glanced at Dare. “So… nervous?”
Dare looked at him, replying, “About the wedding?”
Oliver nodded.
Steven finished off the chicken and dived on a platter of shrimps.
“Not really. I should be, I suppose but I’m not. Probably because Wumi and I have gone through so many things together and there’s no-one else I’d be with. She’s my soul-mate, my other half. She stayed with me even after what I did, even after I cheated. She defied her father to choose me. I love her very, very much.”
“Awww, kid, that’s touching.” Steven muttered, wiping his mouth.
Dare glared at him, teeth clenched. He snapped, “Stop calling me kid. I’m twenty-seven years old.”
“Like that’s so-o-o old.” Steven said.
“What is it with you?” Dare’s chocolate-brown eyes hardened. “If I had my way, you wouldn’t be at my wedding.”
Steven pretended to double over. Straightening, he said, “That hurt, kid. Really it did. But you can’t disinvite me. Your best friend is my girlfriend.”
Oliver scowled at Steven. “Stop it, Steven. Don’t be an ass. He’s not a kid, he’s a man. Who’s getting married in about two weeks. Congratulations, Dare. You’ll soon join me. There’s nothing like being married to the woman you love. And as for you, Steven, when will you make Tari an honest woman?
Steven flinched, staring from Dare to Oliver. “Guys, give me a break. I came from sleeping with at least ten different girls every week to settling in a monogamous relationship with Tari and then having a child with her. Give me some time to get my head around that first.”
Dare and Oliver laughed.
“Anyway,” Steven patted Dare’s broad back, “Dare, I don’t mean to insult you or anything like that. Kid is a form of endearment.”
Dare chuckled. “What?”
“Yeah, yeah.” Steven said, “And our suits, shirts and shoes have already arrived from Milan. Oliver and I are ready to be your groomsmen. We’ll make your wedding the wedding of the century, even better than Kema and Oliver’s.”
Oliver snorted.
***
Ten minutes after the end of the event, the visitors from Lagos: Kema, Oliver, Dare and Wumi returned to their rooms in the Nicon Luxury Hotel, Steven and Tari to Tari’s house in Garki Area Two.
Now in the master bedroom, bare-chested, with a pair of blue jeans hanging on his trim waist, Steven rocked his son from side to side, grinning down at him.
“You’re perfect, aren’t you? Daddy’s perfect little boy…” Steven cooed.
Baby Korede Alexander gurgled, tiny mouth open to expose pink gums and a small number of teeth.
Her back to him, butt in the air, Tari slipped on a pair of black sling-backs on her feet. They were due to be in the hotel restaurant for a celebratory dinner with their friends in twenty minutes.
Steven’s glance strayed to his girlfriend’s backside. “You better stop doing that or I’ll drop the boy in his cot, tear off your dress and ram my dick into you and fuck you so hard that you’ll scream and your mom will come running.”

Share this post on social media if you enjoyed it.
Learn about the heroes and heroines in the Character Profile page
The Unhinged Book Series; Book 1, 2, and 3 will be out this 2016. Find out more at the Unhinged Books page