Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Chapter Seven, Part One

Part One
The three Olympus Security agents and their police liaison, Solomon hung together in a tight group, to the side, away from the hall's doors.
The fashion show had ended and now, a famous Nigerian artiste performed a popular number inside the hall. Those who had been milling outside were rushing back in, drawn by the song.
Wiping his forehead with a white hanky, Solomon whispered, "I'm relieved that it’s all over."
"Yeah, we caught the bad guys - and girl." Oliver said, with a smile and a gleam of his sea-green eyes.
“They are in our custody, for now.” Solomon said and then shook his head. “It’s a pity about the girl. These terrorists specialize in brainwashing young innocents. She should have been in school. Yet, she was here, ready and willing to blow herself and thousands others up. Her jacket was lined with cylinders filled with ammonal and acetone peroxide, plus three millimeter ball bearings, connected by a wire to a trigger on her chest. Primitive… but effective.”
“Pity.” Oliver murmured. “The only way we can stop this from happening is to cut off the head of the snake. You guys should be able to make them talk. We need to discover who else is linked to the organization, and take them down too.”
Solomon nodded. “Definitely.”
Kema socked Steven in his left upper arm. "You didn't have to push one of them into a mirror."
"Says the lady who broke a teenager's fingers."
Mouth pursed, she snapped, "She was about to blow us all up."
"Precisely. You don't handle terrorists with kid gloves. And anyway, the guy is on his way to hospital... well, hopefully." Steven said, with a dimpled smile.
He glanced at Oliver who was standing feet apart, both his hands in his trouser pockets. "And as for you, Oliver… Don't look so innocent. You used your gun where anyone could have seen you... under the blazing sun, in the afternoon..."
"How else did you expect me to subdue him without triggering an explosion?" Oliver flashed wide eyes at Steven.
Sable Rose Writer_Unhinged by his Him

Solomon guffawed. Shaking his head, he declared, "You Olympus Security people are something else."
"Thank you." Kema said. Steven laughed.
“I want a word.” Oliver said, clutching Kema’s wrist and drawing her away. “Baby… I’m sorry for being so hard on you. I love you very much and I can’t imagine ever losing you. I just want you to know that I believe in you, I do, really. So, please forgive me.”
Kema sighed, gazing up into those glorious green eyes. She stroked his belly through his shirt. “I forgive you, baby. I know you do it because you love and care for me. But, you have to remember… this is my job now. I’m no longer a web designer. And despite the risks, I love it. I wouldn’t do any other job. The day Steven offered me a job in Olympus Security almost two years ago was one of the best days of my life. Those men had attacked me in my own home, almost raped me and then put me in a hospital! I swore that nothing like that would ever happen to me or to someone else. So, baby, I’m always going to be a private investigator and a security agent, okay? You have to try to live with it.”
Ughh.” Oliver shut his eyes briefly. “I know, I know. But baby, you’re awesome. You know that, right?”
Kema grinned and said, “Of course I do. That’s why you fell in love with me and that’s why you proposed to me and asked me to marry you.”
“Remember the day we first met?” Oliver asked. He hadn’t been able to drag his eyes away from her. Even though she had stared at him as if he was a freak.
“Sure… in Steven’s sister’s house… when you devoured me with your eyes…”
“And you enjoyed it…” Oliver’s voice was a husky whisper.
“No.”
“Liar.”

Share this post on social media if you enjoyed it.
Learn about the heroes and heroines in the Character Profile page
The Unhinged Book Series; Book 1, 2, and 3 will be out this 2016. Find out more at the Unhinged Books page